Dennistoun Thistle are looking for a coach to join us. If you love football, have coaching experience and want to get involved in a well run team with a good group of people then this could be a great opportunity for you.
Ideally we’re looking for a coach with some experience of coaching adults and who is qualified to 1.3 or C level on the SFA’s main coaching pathway, but if you’re not we may have the opportunity to put the right person through their badges.
If you think this is something that you’d be interested in, then take a look at the details below and if you think you have the experience needed get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
What skills are we looking for?
- Qualified to 1.3 or C license level on the SFA’s main coaching pathway
- Previous coaching experience
- Willing to prepare and plan weekly training sessions
- Available to take training sessions on a Tuesday evening 7.45 -9pm
- Ability to work well as part of a team alongside the club manager and those running the club
- Available to attend team matches – usually Saturday’s 9am- 12pm, but some weekday evenings
- Enthusiastic and willing to get stuck in to make the club a success
- PVG/Disclosure checked
- Sports Injuries Certificate/First Aid Certificate
- Own transportation and ability to travel – as away matches, training etc are in a variety of locations
Dennistoun Thistle is a men’s amateur football team in the east end of Glasgow. We formed in 2019 and had a positive first season, making it to our league cup final and being second in the league at the time Covid called everything to a halt! When competitive football returns this year our league are still honouring the cup final from season 19/20 – so there’s silverware up for grabs very soon!
We are part of the SECL (churches league) which is due to start again for season 21/22 in August, so at present we are training weekly and will be playing friendlies once restrtictions are lifted to get everyone up to speed for the season ahead.
We’re looking for someone to come on board and help make this season even better than our first. Working with the club you will be responsible for running the team’s training sessions, supporting match day preparation, squad selection, and on occasions when the manager can’t make it then you also need to be confident enough to step up and take charge.
Training and home games are at Whitehill High School Pitch in Dennistoun (G31 2QF), away games are across Glasgow and surrounding areas.
Interested in joining us?
If you’re interested in joining us then email us at email@example.com with some info about yourself and the experience you have and we’ll get back to you!
As with all amateur football clubs the club is not for profit and therefore this is voluntary/unpaid.